We Are Hiring
Are you an experienced Medical/Surgical Registered Nurse?
IF so, join our amazing Med/Surg/Ortho team at Saint Agnes as a Unit Lead! #Nursing #DreamJob
Why Join Ascension?
- Nursing at Saint Agnes: We believe in creating a climate that supports and nurtures clinical expertise, autonomy, shared governance, continued education, and research. It is our goal to foster an environment of recruitment and retention of nursing staff who demonstrate the highest integrity, competency and qualifications. Clinical expertise reflects competent, evidence-based and outcomes-oriented care. It embraces the patient s values and lifestyle and acknowledges the importance of patient autonomy and patient satisfaction.
- Transformational Healthcare Environment: Our care teams collaborate between each other nationwide. Through working and learning together, we can create standards of excellence to be used across the system. We embrace change if it will improve the outcome for the patient.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
What You Will Do
Nurses are on the front lines of the care we provide, and for that reason, Saint Agnes prides itself in employing some of the best nurses in Baltimore. And while we pride ourselves in having some of the most experienced nurses in the state, we always welcome exceptional nurses who are eager to join our Medical/Surgical & Orthopedics team.
- As a Med/Surg/Ortho Unit Lead you will provide direction and support to unit staff while supervising admissions, conducting assessment of patient's needs, and initiating nursing care plans.
- In your role you will facilitate planning, implementation, development, and evaluation of nursing programs, initiatives and objectives for the Med/Surg/Ortho unit.
- As a Unit Lead you will assists with development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- You will also get the opportunity to serve as a liaison between the manager, staff and other areas within the organization. This includes evaluating and documenting patient progress, identifying and also resolving issues affecting delivery of patient care services in a unit.
Shift and facility information:
- Fulltime, night shift 7p-7:30a position.
For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes Hospital, part of Ascension, has been dedicated to the art of healing by providing exceptional care to the greater Baltimore area. Built on a strong foundation of excellent medical care and compassion, Saint Agnes and the physicians who practice here are committed to providing the best care for our patients for many years to come.
What You Will Need
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Maryland Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition Compact State obtained prior to hire date.
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Health Service Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date. Or military CPR-First Aid training.
Education and Work Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN required, MSN preferred
- Two years of Med/Surg/Ortho nursing experience required
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Associated topics: ambulatory, coronary, intensive care, intensive care unit, neonatal, psychatric, psychiatric, staff nurse, surgical, transitional