Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.
* The Lead Engineer is responsible for the operation and maintenance of all building equipment and systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist the Chief Engineer in hiring, training, assigning, evaluating, developing, motivating and counseling engineering staff assigned to FDA Wiley Building
* Monitor and inspect the engineering operation in assigned building to ensure highest level of client and customer satisfaction
* Respond to services calls relating to building, mechanical or electrical problems and take corrective action
* Direct and perform preventive maintenance on equipment (i.e., filtration system changes, lubrication, inspection and adjustment of belts and pulleys, cleaning of boiler and condenser tubes, cooling tower maintenance, light fixture ballast replacement and bearing replacement)
* Operate and maintain a variety of mechanical and electrical equipment and systems including but not limited to BAS, chillers, cooling towers, pumps, heat exchangers, air handling equipment, fans, automatic temperature controls, electrical switch gear, distribution switch boards and panels, sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems, valves, and plumbing fixtures
* Track inventories for equipment and parts, order/purchase material as needed, approve purchases of equipment and parts
* Supervise and monitor contracted services and suppliers including bidding process, selection, and day-to-day management
* Participate in the development and implementation of operating, maintenance, and improvement budgets
* Interact with building(s) customers to ensure that all services offered meet GSA requirements
* Operate building equipment and systems as directed by the Chief Engineer or Project Manager
* Optimize the repair and operation of HVAC, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems
* Assist in fostering a work environment that promotes energy conservation and continuous improvement of engineering functions
* Assist in the inspection and use of fire prevention equipment and safety equipment to assure proper functioning
* Respond to client or tenant requests in such a manor to reduce the volume of work orders and the frequency of repetitive calls
* Work with colleagues, Chief Engineer and Project Manager to learn and help others learn to be more effective Engineers and coworkers by assisting in fostering and respecting a safe environment in which to work
* Manage the work performance of a small team of engineers and maintenance workers
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
* High School Diploma/GED
* 5 years' experience in performing maintenance and operations of building of comparable size
* 4 years' experience in a commercial building engineering position
* Experience working in a government facility
* Experience reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, diagrams, and procedure manuals
* DC 3rd Engineering License required
* Universal CFC Certification required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of HVAC installation, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance
* Knowledge of HVAC and associated systems employing computer/software-based monitoring and control devices
* Knowledge of mechanical equipment, electrical, plumbing, utilities, distribution systems, and controls, including maintenance and troubleshooting
* Ability to repair building systems that are controlled by a central Energy Management Control System (EMCS)
* Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to the trade
* Must be able at times to work independently with little or no supervision
* Ability to perform preventative maintenance according to published guidelines
* Ability to show proper contract required licensing to perform the duties associated with this position
* Ability to pass an extensive background check
* Ability to use best practices to troubleshoot and repair equipment and system problems quickly and economically
* Ability to read blue print diagrams
* Ability to use computer software to develop and track progress of tasks; specifically, Excel, Word, email, and Power Point
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
* The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
* During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.