Praxis Engineering has multiple openings for Software Engineers on a new research program supporting our local customer.
What you will be doing
The Software Engineer researches, designs, develops, tests, integrates, documents, and enhances complex and diverse software systems. These systems might include, but are not limited to, processing-intensive research analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and systems which incorporate data repositories, data transport services, and application and system development and monitoring. Works individually or part of a research team. Resolves software problems. Uses software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the research and development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design, requirements analysis, and synthesis from system level to individual software components. Uses sound software engineering principles to ensure that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, and fault tolerant. Provides software process management and control throughout the coding portion of the software development process.
What will you need to be successful
Qualifications: A Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering. Three additional years of related experience are required in lieu of a bachelor's degree. A minimum of ten (10) years of general software development experience.
Who are we?
Praxis Engineering* was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Annapolis Junction MD - with growing offices in Chantilly VA and Aberdeen MD.
Praxis Engineering is a consulting, product, and solutions firm dedicated to the practical application of software and system engineering technologies to solve complex problems.
With over 350 employees supporting more than 50 contracts, Praxis brings together world class engineers with proven engineering best practices, domain expertise, commercial technologies and proven agile management approaches to create high value solutions aimed at helping our customers meet their most critical business and mission objectives.
* Praxis Engineering is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics IT.
We are focused on continual learning and evolution. We don't do things because \"that's the way we've always done things\"; we listen to our employees and adapt to the changing marketplace. We look at the big picture and encourage our engineers to get training and certifications in emerging technologies that will help shape our customer's mission. We've been profitable year after year. We're always on the lookout for great engineers to join the team and we recognize that our employees are the heart and soul of what we do. We focus on recruiting talented people, treating them right, and then allowing them to do what they do best. No red tape. No micromanagement. Smart people want to work with smart people, and we love people who are passionate about what they do, and finding ways to do it better.
And then there is the...
* Competitive salary
* Office perks such as free soft drinks and snacks (both healthy and not-so-healthy)
* Praxis swag (annual gift certificate to purchase top brand Praxis apparel)
* Comprehensive health insurance plan
* 401(k) retirement plan with company paid contribution (amount equivalent to 7% of your salary)
* Annual bonus plan
* Four weeks Paid Time Off + 10 holidays + comp time eligibility
* Training is a priority! Take advantage of our endless in-house training opportunities - or seek out vendor offered (paid) training opportunities like conferences, certification courses and seminars.
* Conferences (recently attended by Praxis employees): AWS Summit, IoT World, Black Hat and DefCon.
* Training & Certifications: Splunk, AWS, Big Data/Cloudera, VMWare, Scrum Master...the list of certifications goes on and on!
* Praxis University: Cyber Research, Data Analytics, IoT, AWS and RedHat course offerings and hands-on training.
* We truly believe the right work-life balance can exist, and it's here at Praxis. Our work is extremely important, but your job is just a part of who you are. When you enjoy your life outside of our walls, you're at your best the next time you walk through our doors. We do all we can to assure that happens every day.
Praxis Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability
Associated topics: .net, back end, c c++, c++, perl, php, programming, sde, software development engineer, software engineer